Our concept is simple ~ bring enthusiastic soccer players together who have the skill, desire and dedication to learn and compete at a higher level. Teach them the entire game. By bringing a like group together, it will accelerate the learning curve as they support each other. This is not about winning a trophy. It is about learning the game, getting better and achieving results from our team goals. This philosophy allows us to follow a long term plan, prepare the players for the future while achieving success now.
MTSA Premier ‘99
U16 Boys College Prep Select Soccer
August 2014 – July 201U16 Season will Include:
Season includes entire year: August 1 2014 to July 30, 2015)
1) Registration into MAPs and US Club leagues. including player pass cards
2) Registration Fee to Mantua Soccer Club ($125)
3) Home and Away jersey included
4) Fall season to include practice/beginning November and tournament.
5) Spring Season to play full 8-10 league games, Cup and Tournaments
6) Registration in Spring NJ State Cup Tournament
7) Minimum of six MSSL / Showcase tournaments (Nov – July)
8) Friendly Games to hone skills and test what is learned at practices
9) Training schedule starting in November-July – (2x/week in Spring)
10) Winter indoor training sessions
11) College Prep material and discussions
12) Professional Coach/Trainer Carl Heil at practices and games to direct team
Goals for U16 Season
The focus of MTSA Premier is player development for those that have an interest in playing soccer in High School and College. Training and competitions are scheduled with the intent to challenge every player to reach his potential as a soccer athlete. The objective is to learn the entire game – to play in any formation for any coachThe expectations of the players are set at a higher but achievable level. Each player will challenge themselves and team mates for positions and play time.
- MTSA will continue to play in MAPS (including CJYSL and US Club).
- Move from MAPS to include EDP; basically elite Maps for Region 1 soccer teams by fall 2015
- Next stage in college prep for players (sophomores)
- Tournaments to include College Showcase tournament in region
- Increase strategic learning of the game; formations, positions and field play
- Continue marketing Promotion of the team (New Website and Blog, keep Team Snap, marketing material, sponsors, internet exposure, branding.
Communication All the communication will continue through Team Snap – Web, Android, Apple or Blackberry 10. You can email or call directly. We are available to discuss various topics. Please try to wait until 24 hours after a game to settle disputes.